Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Auto Musings Part 1

I really like the new BMW 1-Series coupe. I went onto the BMW website and built one - drank blue, with a tan interior, Sport Package and a couple of options - gah, $35k?! That's almost the price point for a 3-Series! And the 1-Series is heavy, too... Too bad they could not make one with cloth seats and a little less content... maybe you could get one with cloth, a sunroof, Sport Package (which they really should call the ti Package) and maybe an upgraded sound system for like $28k. Oh, and weighing 500 pounds less.

I realized today that I can look at a new Accord and not throw up! I guess I am getting used to it. Still think they could have had a couple of people responsible for the styling, versus a committee for the front, a committee for the rear and a committee for the chunky middle, but they seem to be selling okay. So what do I know. Except that I'm not crazy about it.

I DO like the new Cadillac CTS - have seen a couple of them, and think it's great-looking. I'd like to see one in black, bet it would look very wicked with 19" chrome wheels. And the new Malibu looks sharp, as does the Pontiac G8 sedan. I think GM is making a bit of a styling comeback, which is good. Hard to believe this is the same company that spewed out the Aztek and previous-generation Malibu!

No comments: